Romans 12 Mercy and Grace


Romans 121 I appeal to you therefore, brothers,
by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice,
holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.

 2 Do not be conformed to this world,
but be transformed by the renewal of your mind,
that by testing you may discern what is the will of God,
what is good and acceptable and perfect.

 3 For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you
not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think,
but to think with sober judgment,
each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.
 (ESV)

Part 1
Presenting ourselves as a living sacrifice…
How does Paul do it?
How does God expect us to do it?
How are you doing it? 
Or are you befuddled about how that works?


Part 2
There is a tension between the requirements of holiness
AND
the sheer lack of ability in the saint, to be holy by our own efforts.


Part 3
Our mission in being alongside people,
in serving them,
is to tell them about Jesus.


Part 4
God doesn't leave us to 'pull ourselves up by our bootstraps'.


Part 5
Psalm 51 "...Teach me...purge me...wash me...create in me..." 
God does the work, when we cooperate.


Part 6
"You did not choose me, but I chose you
and appointed you
that you should go and bear fruit
and that your fruit should abide,
so that whatever you ask the Father in my name,
he may give it to you." ~Jesus


Part 7
'Believing' calls for trust
This faith calls for us to follow, as God leads us.
Following God is equal to obedience


Comments